Tuesday, July 14, 2009

King (or Queen) of the Castle

The dream of homeownership started early for me. When I was a kid, I couldn't wait to have my own house. Where I could do whatever I wanted and make my own rules. Nobody would be the boss of me!


Then I grew up. I can say with certainty I never fantasized about paying bills, doing chores, grocery shopping or yardwork. And, while I assumed there'd be a Mr. Right, I never thought about having to consider what he wanted.


Not that I'm complaining. Not at all. The bad bad split level has a king of the castle... and it's our dog, Charlie. Some days I envy Charlie, in that he gets to do pretty much whatever he wants without responsibility. But it seems even Charlie isn't immune from the chores associated with homeownership. Today he helped with the laundry:


Maybe next month we can get him started on the toilets!!

2 comments:

s. pearce feldman said...

can you come teach mine how to do that??

Melaina25 said...

Emma is most definitely the Queen of the Flat.

She also enjoys sleeping on piles of laundry clean or dirty :)